Static src analysis of LibreOffice

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 06:10:13 PDT 2012

On 08/03/2012 09:00 AM, John Smith wrote:
> I have uploaded the generated report here:
> http://lbalbalba.x90x.net/clang-analyzer/libreoffice-with-system-libs/
>

> Please do note that the C++ *analyzer* (not the compiler) is still
> very much regarded as a 'work-in-progress' at this point, so you are
> likely to run into false positives. And of course, if you do find a
> false positive, you can always consider assisting in improving the
> analyzer by submitting a test-case and bug report over here ;)  :

 From a *very* quick glance:

- Still lots of "external" stuff, dmake, libxmlsec/unxlngi6.pro,
workdir/unxlngi6.pro/LexTarget, ...

- Looks like quite some false positives.  Like
<http://lbalbalba.x90x.net/clang-analyzer/libreoffice-with-system-libs/report-AD4s7c.html#EndPath>
being suspicious, where step 7 says "Loop condition is false. Execution
continues on line 77" on line 59

   while ( uPathWidth + uFileWidth > uMaxWidth )

but line 77 is an identical

   while ( uPathWidth + uFileWidth > uMaxWidth )

and there it says "Loop condition is true."

- Truckloads of "Other Error": "The analyzer had problems processing the
following files"

But definitely an interesting starting point, e.g., looks like some
useful "Dea store: Dead assignment"

Stephan