[GSOC-UPDATE](06.08) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Aug 6 23:06:46 PDT 2012

On 08/07/2012 07:31 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> Michael Stahl has discovered that a unit test deadlocks on Windows -- I'm
>> currently looking into why that occurs.
> Dunno about deadlocks, but in my Windows build during the night the
> sd_filters_test apparently got stuck in a loop, filling my disk by
> writing an endless stream of
>
> DiscoveryService received a packet.
> DiscoveryService waiting for packet
>
> to the sd_filters_test.test.log file...
>
> --tml
The networking is started as soon as sddll is loaded -- and at the
moment doesn't ever stop -- i.e the server component will just keep
listening for clients permanently -- I assume that's what's causing the
problems with unit tests on windows (they appear to run fine on my linux
machine), I'm not entirely sure how to fix that though.

(It looks like you might have something sending multicast packets on
port 1598, which is probably why you keep seeing the packets being
received. Alternatively there is an error every time I call receive,
which I don't handle yet, which would result in such looping too. The
port number was arbitrary and just for testing.)

Cheers,

Andrzej