[GSOC-UPDATE](07.07) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Aug 7 13:17:54 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

The latest progress:

- Changed the remote control component to only start in Experimental
mode (this should for the moment deal with the issues being experienced
with the unit tests under windows until I can look at them in detail on
a windows machine).
- Cleanup on the Server and Transmitter threads, including basic error
handling, which should hopefully deal with the above issues, but until I
do detailed testing on Windows I can't be certain.
- Another fix to the Transmitter thread which was occasionally causing a
segfault on client disconnection (I think I have the hang of using
threads now).
- Most of the background work needed to show the Remote Control Dialog
in LibO -- it took me quite a while to figure out how menus and dialogs
are made -- I almost have the dialog showing, after which I can begin
work on it's functioning.

Cheers,

Andrzej