Solarmutex Deadlock when Closing Calc which contains functions with XVolatileResult return values

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Aug 9 04:55:22 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-09 at 13:21 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 09/08/12 12:50, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> > 	In case things arn't tangled enough - you can release the SolarMutex in
> > your current thread and give another thread a chance to get in using
> > XToolkit's "reschedule" method. Whether that is likely to make your life
> > only yet more tangled is unclear to me ;-)
>
> WTF, there is an API to release SolarMutex? ... /me hides under desk

	Um right ;-) well - at least - I -assume- it instantiates the relevant
Yield class which recursively drops the SolarMutex, then spins the
mainloop and after processing an event (prolly a cursor blink would be a
fall-back timeout ;-) it comes back, or perhaps doesn't come back
because another thread got ownership of the mainloop / solar-mutex.

	Just another good example of why we badly need a minimal, small,
simple, easy-to-understand, Objects-with-methods-not-meta-interfaces,
cleanish API with an ABI break from the past ;-) [ and simultaneously
IMHO to adapt UNO to target a superset of well-defined
exposing-scripting functionality ].

	ATB,

		Michael.