Build LO for Android on Mac OS 10.8

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Aug 12 21:17:13 PDT 2012

> In my environment, Mac OS 10.8 and Xcode 4.4.1, without specifying Mac OS
> X SDK version, it picks 10.6 as Mac OS X SDK.
> And then it failed since it can't find gcc-4.2.

Ah, OK. Was there some Xcode that came with both a 10.6 SDK *and* a
gcc 4.2 then? Making this SDK and compiler selection work
automatically in all the combinations is a bit hard it seems.

> During applying --with-macosx-sdk option, I found some typos (maybe?), one
> of them leads me to apply wrong option'--with-macox-sdk'.

Eek, thanks, fixed now.

> And I also pass the --with-macosx-sdk option through to the "BUILD
> platform configuration" to make it work:

I don't think that's a good idea, it mixes up options for the build
and host platforms. (Consider the case of cross-compiling from an
Intel Mac to PowerPC-based Mac, in theory it should be possible to use
a current Xcode and SDK for the build platform code, and Xcode 3 +
10.4 SDK for the host platform. Not that there seems to be much
interest in trying out such cross-compilations.)

There is the --with-build-platform-configure-options switch for that,
you can pass --with-build-platform-configure-options=--with-macosx-sdk=10.6.

> Not sure I'm doing it in a appropriate approach though (This is my first
> time to get involved with auto-config/autogen stuff).

You seem to understand it quite nicely, thanks!

--tml