minutes of ESC call ...

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Mon Aug 13 10:26:57 PDT 2012

Noel Grandin wrote

>> - zero tolerance policy for regression issues during development
>> - zero tolerance policy for crash issues during development
> People who advocate zero tolerance for such things are welcome to
> provide the time and financial resources necessary to achieve this.

Hi.
Or maybe change in the base code workflow is needed?
1. design the change
2. find out which modules are affected
3. plan testing
4. code
5. prepare unit tests
6. careful code review (not just OKeying)
7. commit in the unstable branch
8. QA confirm
9. commit in the stable branch
I think many bugs introduced are an effect of omitting one (or more) steps
from that list by the developer.
Using best coding practices always would help a lot.
Maybe gerrit will help to achieve this in some way...
Best regards.