[GSOC-UPDATE] Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Mon Aug 13 12:38:24 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today's updates:
- Refactoring of the Communication Service for fully threaded networking.
- Pairing now works!*

* Pairing by itself works, if the correct IP address is known. Finding
servers / their IP addresses also works. (I don't yet know whether the
two combined work -- I'm currently away from home, and without access to
a wireless router -- server finding doesn't work in the emulator, and
tethering doesn't allow communication between phone and computer -- I'm
still looking at how to test this, but from the weekend I'm home again
where I can properly test.) Finally, the Libreoffice dialog needed for
pairing works, but still needs some GUI work.

Cheers,

Andrzej