Issue using clang compiler and analyzer with libreoffice

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 09:30:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am currently trying to run the llvm/clang static src analyzer on
libreoffice. The default behavior is to insert a 'dummy/fake' compiler
(clang-analyzer) that does the analysis, and then let the compiler
(GCC in this case) take over for the actual compilation. Since this
introduces some unwanted side effects in LibreOffice, I am attempting
to change the compiler to clang instead of GCC, so that the build
system can make the modifications necessary for llvm/clang.

You can invoke the analyzer with the options '--use-cc=clang
--use-c++=clang++' to accomplish this. However, when I use this
option, the configure script seems to get confused at this some point
(everything works as expected when I omit the specified options):

checking if gij knows its java.home... /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.5
checking for jawt lib name... configure: error: jni.h could not be
found. Mismatch between gcc and libgcj or libgcj-devel missing?

Does anyone know how to go about fixing this ?

Regards,

John Smith.