Beware of Boost-1.50

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 05:42:34 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 17:08 +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> A quick head's up as I've just been bitten by this issue.
>
> Both 3.5 and 3.6 branches fail at runtime when built with the new
> Boost-1.50 libraries.

There is another potential gotcha with the later boost versions. We're
using boosts unordered_map, etc. and with gcc at least the latest
versions of boost::unordered_map only build in c++11 mode I think so I
don't think it'll be possible to upgrade our internal boost (unless
patched to revert to an older version of boost::unordered_map) ?

Will be obvious at buildtime with lots of errors that suggest that copy
ctors (or was it assignment operators) are non const or some such.

C.