Few notes about optimizing files (Windows OS)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Aug 20 04:25:00 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Sun, 2012-08-19 at 00:27 -0700, ape wrote:
> Few notes about optimizing files that are loaded into RAM at startup
> LibreOffice.

	Yep - this dumb icon bloat in the soffice.bin is a well known issue
that we'd love to have fixed.

>	I don't know programming and use the resource editor for this
> purpose. Files (LibO-3.7.0_alpha+) that allow you to check my notes
> are attached.

	The real work here is splitting up the DLLs during the build process,
and hacking the gnumakefiles to generate improved DLLs, that is quite
some work & testing and would be much appreciated.

	We use the same icons in a somewhat non-obvious way to set window
decoration icons in the vcl/ windows backend IIRC - there was once an
easyhack to fix that to use the themed images.zip instead.

	All the best,

		Michael.