pptx import filter

Radek Doulik rodo at novell.com
Mon Aug 20 04:41:21 PDT 2012

Hi Jean-Tiare,

On Sun, 2012-08-19 at 10:25 -0400, Jean-Tiare LE BIGOT wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for the tip. I spend hours tracing the bug with GDB but I stuck.
> I can not figure out where to fix it.
>
> Here is the situation: I have a pptx file with
>
> - title (fine)
> - 4 items in a list (buggy)
>
> In Powerpoint, all the text in the list is 18p but a signe word is 8p.
> In Impress, the begin of the text is 20p, the word at 8p is 8p an the
> remaining text is 8p also.
>
> After bisecting the pptx file, it appears that there is an empty "span"
> at the very beginning of the first list item. It's size is set to 20p.
> The only other "span" with a size specified is the one at 8p. All other
> elements have no size information on them.
>
> When an element has no size specified, it is imported with the same size
> as the immediate previous element whereas it should take the default
> size specified in the theme. In my case, the size is specified in the
> MasterSlide->OtherStyle->lvl1pPr.
>
> in the import filter, there is a file
> oox/source/drawingml/textrun.cxx:63 This is the only line where the size
> appears to be used in a computation. Ideed, manually forcing the size to
> 18 when at 0 fixes the problem for me.
>
> But... It's really not the right place nor the right way to do it since
> it would orverride the theme...
> I also know the themes in the master slide are imported properly.
>
> I also traced the code down to pptshape.cxx where the text seems to be
> imported into the core. I obviously missed something...
>
> My question is: where can I fix this ????

you run into quite complex area. The text list style can be set from
many sources (presentation style, master style, theme,
placeholders, .... with various precedence). I think ppt/pptshape.cxx
and drawingml/shape.cxx are right places to look at.

I would start at Shape::createAndInsert and look where the wrong size
appears and try to find where it comes from and/or if the master style
was applied.

Cheers
Radek