[PUSHED] fdo#47674 Calc: save settings for import ascii text dialog

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 07:57:11 PDT 2012

Hi jumbo444,

Btw, if you'd like to see your first name here then use it in your From
header ;-)

On Saturday, 2012-08-18 02:46:59 -0700, jumbo444 wrote:

> > * Do not use RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM with new code, OUString knows
> > about ASCII literals.
> >
> Actually, I'm quite lost with all types of string. Where can I get tuto
> about string, String, OUString, UString, etc.?

Not really a tutorial, but overview
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/String_Classes

Note that internally we don't use std::string, and if possible new code
should use OUString instead of the deprecated String, and OString
instead of ByteString.

> I noticed that caption of Dlg is missing filename in case of File Import.
> Patch enclosed correct this.

Good catch, thanks, pushed as
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5b985dcf72d31cee191711f879675ec9affa2f76

> > * Sensible indentation, please ;-)
> >
> I'm new with Linux and not comfortable with vim. I'm coming from MS-Windows.
> I learned C at school in late 80's, then TurboC, Borland C++ and C++ Builder
> by myself. So I have still a lot to learned :)
> I promise to improve my coding ;)

Great :-)  If you use Vim then just press Tab for one indentation level,
each source file has a Vim mode line at the end to tell it to use
4 spaces and no tabs per indentation level:

/* vim:set shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4 expandtab: */

Similar for Emacs the very first line:

/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD