libxml2 patches Re: xmllint problem validating using ODF RelaxNG

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 08:04:18 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 04:38:17PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 20/08/12 15:06, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 05:45:10PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> >> 	Hopefully we're not doing validation in LibreOffice on load/save - but
> >> this is more of an xmllint feature, so we don't need to update our
> >> internal libxml2.
>
> no validation is done of anything.
>
> >> 	Which reminds me - Daniel, we've inherited a number of 'interesting'
> >> patches from OO.o on top of libxml2 and libxmlsec which are in git here:
> >>
> >> 	http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxml2
> >
> >   Never too late, I looked a it today. There was only one patch which
> >   made sense upstream:
> >     http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/plain/libxml2/libxml2-latin.patch
> >
> > the others either were updates to auto* files that were updated
> > independantly, a change to linker file to export symbols I dont want to
> > see exported ,
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxml2/libxml2-global-symbols.patch
>
> argh, don't remind me :-/
>
> we should be able to get rid of that one though, as it is only necessary
> for older Solaris 10 versions, and currently we don't really support
> Solaris anyway in LO; from Solaris 10 Update 4 onwards there is libxml2
> version 2.6.23 which has all the features needed for the libxmlsec we
> use, so just using system libxml2/libxslt on Solaris should work; i
> would hope libxml2/libxslt are available by default on all OpenSolaris
> based distros.
>
> > or things which had been changed upstream usually in
> > slightly different ways :-)
>
> by the way, is something like
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxml2/libxml2-long-path.patch
>
> also upstream?

  I can't tell ! There is a macro IS_WINDOWS_PATH defined just before
xmlCanonicPath() but the diff doesn't include function name contextual
informations so I can't tell if you really apply to the same function.

> iirc there was some common configuration of Windows where
> we would want to access paths that are longer than the ridiculously
> small limit for the maximum path length on that ... platform, and then
> they have some silly notation with \\? that supports long pathnames...

  I would think that's something which is not there a priori, but such
changes really ought to be discussed on the list. My use and interest
in Windows is close to an absolute zero (as long as the code works there
!) so I'm not the right person to review this :-)

> oh, there are some more patches for libxslt here, but i guess it's
> mostly uninteresting stuff:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/libxslt

  Most of them are basically the same as for libxml2 but I would have
to double check. The most interesting would be the configure patch but
it seems to be very nuch tailored to your own buiolding environment
  So nothing exciting but some double checking needed...

Daniel