[GSoC 2012][Collaboration] short final report

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 09:05:16 PDT 2012

Hi,

For this GSoC I've been working on tubes framework as you surely know.
Started by Eike, Michael and Will [1] much was already done and I was
re-factoring it, adding functionality..

If you want to have fun with collaboration, configure with
--enable-telepathy and build + run calc.
For more hints, look into tubes/README

Now, in the rare case, you want to use this, e.g., for writer:
- The easy part is to look at tubes' unit test to get a feeling what
needs to be implemented.
  The unit test is similar to what real app does. (see also ScCollaboration)
  It should be easy to use tubes for sending messages.
- The problematic part is to create useful messages on user's input
and interpret them on the other side.
  There is much to do about this in calc also.

I've learned something new about C++, about LibreOffice's source and
it was fun, mostly.
Thanks Eike and others for helping out.

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me for any hints.
(The documentation in tubes/ may not be that good)

All the best,
Matúš

[1] http://erack.org/blog/archives/15-LibreOffice-goes-collaborating.html