[GSoC 2012][Collaboration] short final report

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:30:30 PDT 2012

Hi Eike,

On 20 August 2012 22:21, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Matúš,
>
> On Monday, 2012-08-20 18:05:16 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
>
>> For this GSoC I've been working on tubes framework as you surely know.
>> Started by Eike, Michael and Will [1] much was already done and I was
>> re-factoring it, adding functionality..
>
> Thank you very much for your work and patience having to bear with us :-)

:-)

>> Hope this helps and feel free to contact me for any hints.
>> (The documentation in tubes/ may not be that good)
>
> I hope this didn't scare you away and you'll continue to work on tubes
> functionality also after GSoC ended.

I meant that my comments are not good ( / existing).
I've added only few in 2bb73133df604f44dfe7904c42bbc37827f3fd4c

Well, the last week(s) I was trying hard to find some job for me. (Not
that there is nothing more to be done, but if you want to avoid UI
work ..)
I may continue if I will see anybody working in that area (or trying
to use tubes) and/or I will find something useful / needed to work on
in tubes.
At least I will adapt tubes to new ui work by Caolán when ready.
But now I'd like to work on other things in LibreOffice, mostly gbuild related.

> Would you like to prepare a blog entry with a few nice screen shots we
> could use to shamelessly promote your work? :-)

I still hope Michael will do this. :-) Or you will.
The dialog is little different, has few more buttons.. but not much has changed.
I am not a good promoter and I can't see what is the goal.
I tried to write at least something into readme.

Thanks,
Matus