[GSOC] Calc Performance Project End

Daniel Bankston daniel.dev.libreoffice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 18:52:39 PDT 2012

Hello, everyone,

I have had a great summer working on LibreOffice.  I was lucky to have
two of the best mentors anyone could hope for: Kohei Yoshida and Markus
Mohrhard.  All of my work has been guided by them and would not have
been possible without them.  I will be a better student and software
development professional because of my work on LibreOffice this summer.
I hope that LibreOffice is a little better because of my work.

We were able to make some great progress on the Calc's import
performance.  See my blog for an idea of some our achievements:
http://dbank-libreoffice.blogspot.com/. There is still work to be done
improving the import performance of styles, pivot tables, and more.
Which brings me to my next point...

I have really enjoyed working on LibreOffice with my mentors and the
LibreOffice community.  Even though GSOC is now over and I have resumed
taking classes, I'd like to continue to work on LibreOffice when I
can.   So I will see you all around!

Once again, thank you so much for allowing me to work with you on
LibreOffice as a part of this year's GSOC, and thank you all for your
continued hard work on all aspects of LibreOffice.

Respectfully,
Daniel Bankston