Text fields in fax, letter and report templates

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Aug 21 02:24:26 PDT 2012

Hi Turi,

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 17:14 +0200, Túri István wrote:
> I'm trying to create unified templates for the template wizards
> described above.

	Cool :-)

> In detail, I would insert placeholders instead of the constant texts
> and make the wizards get the language dependent ones from vcl
> resources.

	Yep - makes good sense.

>  Now, my problem is, that the three templates use some kind of
> TextFieldHandler stuff, which is not really clear for me. I would like
> to ask someone who is insider in this topic, that how is this working
> exactly? Does it recognize the fields written in "<...>" ?

	Soo - I would be inclined to try to overload the translation magic
inside the flat-ODF importer. Then there is nothing we cannot
translate :-)

	If you poke at:

	filter/source/odfflatxml/OdfFlatXml.cxx

	And perhaps filter/source/xmlfilteradaptor/

	One brutal hack (but since we control the template environment might
work), might be to poke the ImportFilter to take some translation
argument via it's user-data, and to load the 'inputStream' into memory,
do some very raw substitution of:

	%%baa%% -> translated-baa

	in each case; and then feed that stream straight into the flat odf
import filter ;-)

	The devil is always in the details, but - might be worth a try ?

	ATB,

		Michael.