gbuild support for external projects

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:04:14 PDT 2012

Hi David,

On 21 August 2012 09:00, David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have created a new gbuild class UnpackedTarball that handles preparing
> sources for external project: unpacking, patching and a bit more

Nice, I was considering asking about gbuildizing-external-libs status

> As for the rest of the external modules, my current idea is to use
> free-form makefile, like CustomTarget, for everything but preparation of
> sources. That would match the current dmake makefiles pretty well, I
> think...

Sounds fine, I am still not sure if I am going to take part in
gbuildizing these.
Maybe I will help with few.

> The code lives on branch feature/gbuild_external. I am pretty confident
> it will not break on Windows, but I will not mind testers :-) If there
> are no violent objectives, I will merge it to master in 1-2 days.

This time I am not going to test it but I had a look.

You've changed cygpath -u $(TARFILE_LOCATION) to cygpath -m $(TARFILE_LOCATION),
that's wrong, moreover you have forgot to use
gb_UnpackedTarget_TARFILE_LOCATION ?

Also seems that you don't use $(STRIP_COMPONENTS) defined in configure.

Otherwise it looks really nice, also with comments :-)

I'd say, fix these 2 things and then just push,
thanks,
Matus