[GSOC-UPDATE](21.08) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Aug 21 13:28:11 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Today I:
- Added emulator discovery -- allows for pairing on the emulator.
- Added fix to prevent crash on devices without bluetooth (e.g. emulator).
- Finished conversion to allow running on Android 2.3+. (Theming isn't
quite complete
   -- I'll leave that until the final cleanup and polish.)
- Added proper device name sending (until now the client advertised
itself as "Bob",
   now the bluetooth name is used by default, and if not available the
name of
   the device hardware is used).
- Added the bluez cleaned headers as a top level gbuild module.
- Improved the slideshow view sizing.
- Fixed app crashing when changing slides after rotation.

I've also read up a little on how bluetooth service discovery is
supposed to work and should hopefully be able to sort out bluetooth
connection on Linux tomorrow.

Cheers,
Andrzej