widget layout progress

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 08:11:56 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 10:38 +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> The thing that hit my eyes is the use of string identifiers to address
> the UI elements.  Could we (for the compilation purposes) generate .hxx
> files out of the .ui files that would allow to do something like:
>
> m_pBodyContent = modules::swriter::ui::linenumbering::content::get(m_pUIBuilder);

Yesss, that's possible I suppose, seeing as we already do that for the
configmgr.

> Another extremely minor question - why the "modules/" prefix?  Is that
> needed? - seems to just repeat on many places (mainly in help), so maybe
> we could avoid that?

So..., I'm currently installing the .ui into our preexisting uiconfig
dirs, and the "modules" in the file path already exist for e.g. toolbars
and so forth, e.g.
install/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/menubar/menubar.xml

Then..., the gtk builder format doesn't really (AFAICS) have a direct
mapping to our help id idea, so rather than extend the format I reckon
that using the "path to the file + dialog id + widget id" as the helpid
is the easiest way to guarantee helpid uniqueness rather than having a
policy/set of tooling to enforce, say, dialog name uniqueness across the
code base and use just "dialogid:widgetid"

C.