[GSOC-UPDATE](22.08) Impress Remote

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Wed Aug 22 14:26:20 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Bluetooth control on Linux is now working. I'll hopefully be able to
take a look at Bluetooth on Windows tomorrow. (Any help with Bluetooth
on mac, i.e. implementation/testing, would be appreciated, but it's
probably worth waiting until I've tidied the code up a bit to make it
clearer what exactly has to be platform dependent.)

The new code isn't particularly tidy yet, I'm still sorting out the
details -- I've also had to somewhat hack my socket buffering to work
with both osl and C sockets (previously I had a buffer wrapping the
osl::StreamSocket) -- would it be appropriate to eventually incorporate
bluetooth sockets into osl? (For Linux the changes would involve adding
a new Bluetooth protocol to the enum, and making the addresses capable
of representing bluetooth addresses -- the calls used are just the
standard socket calls -- I don't know much about Windows or Mac yet.
Control of other bluetooth functions is all separate from that and done
via dbus.)

Cheers,

Andrzej