'make check' failure

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 00:14:11 PDT 2012

On 08/23/2012 07:58 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> On 2012-08-22 20:07, John Smith wrote:
>> I just ran into this error when running 'make check'. Should I file a
>> bug report on that ?
> It's better to be really sure - especially if you're running on master,
> these kinds of errors can be quite transient.
> Just report them here.
>
> To check
> (1) run 'make check' again - the build process is not perfect, and
> sometimes it starts working again

I think I remember there was some problem with the sc_unoapi test
lately, which should have been fixed already.

> (2) try running 'cd sc; make subsequentcheck'

or even 'cd sc && make
/usr/local/src/libreoffice/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/JunitTest/sc_unoapi/user' to
just re-run that one test

> (3) try running it under the debugger and getting a backtrace, then
> report back with the backtrace :-)

you should always run those tests with (bash etc.:) 'ulimit -c
unlimited'; the gbuild logic will automatically print backtraces in case
of a crash then (if your system is set up to generate core files named
"core" or "core.<pid>" into cwd).

Stephan