Regression in isHidden-Property of Frames

Andor E eymux2009 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:50:58 PDT 2012

Hi,
We're currently in the process of switching from OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
to LibreOffice. As a part of this, we're testing our extension WollMux
(www.wollmux.org) with LO.
During these tests we found a change in the behaviour of the
isHidden-Property of frames.
We're using a com.sun.star.document.XEventListener to listen to the
onViewCreated-Event. We then test, if the document is visible, and
only then WollMux will process the document.
In OOo 3.2.1 a new document created with File/New would have isHidden
== false. In LO the document now returns isHidden == true.
I have searched in the sources of LO and found a change in
./framework/source/services/frame.cxx. This was introduced with the
commit 	74ffe76476d5b8941454a2acce569737237fc1d7.
I believe that this change is wrong and should be reverted. Before the
change isHidden represented the intended state of a frame. A document
that was openened hidden, returned hidden. A document opened visible
returned not hidden. Now it will always return isHidden == true. If
this isn't changed back,  there needs to be another property to check
the intended visibilty.

Greetings

Andor Ertsey