Bug 34465 - get rid of all calls to virtual const SfxPoolItem* Put( const SfxPoolItem&, USHORT nWhich)

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Sat Dec 1 13:16:02 PST 2012

On 30/11/12 15:19, Maciej Rumianowski wrote:
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> thanks for reply :)
>
>     So, to change the conditionals, we need to make sure the state is
>     consistent.
>     Thus:
>     - adding the asserts
>
> Do you mean  DBG_ASSERT or real assert?

if the goal is to track down client code that is making erroneous calls
to an internal interface, assert() is clearly the way to go: it will
abort the program when built in any debug mode (e.g. --enable-debug or
--enable-dbgutil) and makes any unit test that triggers such an
erroneous call fail, which is what you want to track those down.

DBG_ASSERT is only active with --enable-dbgutil, and just prints a
message that is easily ignored.