solaris/smartos support planned?

Martyn Russell martyn at lanedo.com
Mon Dec 3 01:52:58 PST 2012

On 01/12/12 03:19, Tim Janik wrote:
> On 30.11.2012 21:20, Michael Meeks wrote:
>> Hi there,

Hello all,

>>> if somebody steps up to do the work, sure why not...
>> 	Of course; last we heard Lanedo was doing some of the work there - and
>> got it at least running on Solaris/X86 using gcc (which should be the
>> preferred route going forward).
>>
>> 	No doubt they'd give you some pointers if you wanted to help out with
>> some hacking there - I believe their latest work was checked into
>> master; if you want to contract them for support on that platform I'm
>> sure they'd be interested too :-) I guess the trick is to start the
>> build and send patches in.
>
> That's all about right.
> Due to lack of demand, we've been holding still on the Solaris front
> lately, I'm CC:-ing Martyn who should have a better idea about the
> latest state here.

Thank you Tim.

Yes, I believe we've fixed most of the pressing issues, which included
an assembler fix from Kris and several crashes from Pierre-Eric. For
details about the work we've been involved in, you might be interested
in our tweets/blog posts:

   https://twitter.com/LanedoTweets/status/223009040383488000
   https://twitter.com/LanedoTweets/status/227357747673436160

Yaroslav, if you're interested in support, I would love to discuss that
opportunity with you. Let me know if you're interested! :)

--
Regards,
Martyn

Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.