[PUSHED] adding calc add-in for option pricing

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 06:08:18 PST 2012

On 12/04/2012 02:52 PM, tino wrote:
>> Seeing this commit, I note that XPricingFunctions has method
>> identifiers starting with a lower case letter and containing
>> underscores.  Such identifiers are reserved to the UNO
>> implementation.  (See
>> <http://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/typesystem.html>.  There
>
> Sorry, UNO has been too complex for me to really understand. :)

NP.  And this naming restriction is really arcane, well-hidden stuff anyway.

> Do you mean function names like getOpt_barrier() or input variables as
> put_call or both? If it's the function names then would
> getOpt_barrier() --> getOptBarrier() be ok?

Ah, right, some parameter names are affected, too.  So yes, please
replace all identifiers containing underscores with "camel-case"
identifiers (where whether the latter are more or less beautiful than
the former is an entirely unrelated topic... :)

In general, UNOIDL identifiers for enum, constant group, typedef,
struct, exception, interface, service, and singleton names, for struct
and exception members, and for polymorphic struct type parameters are
camel-case starting with uppercase (and interface names additionally
starting with "X"); identifiers for modules, for interface attributes
and methods, for service constructors, and for interface method and
service constructor parameters are camel-case starting with lowercase;
and identifiers for enum and constant group members are all-uppercase
with underscores.  (Where the latter is the reason why only identifiers
starting with lowercase letters and containing underscores are reserved
for UNO.)

Stephan