Reworking the MSVC-related build options

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Tue Dec 4 13:20:59 PST 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 09:37:13PM +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> No, you can't. One can only install DirectX SDK if windows is activated.
> So please don't break free tool chain on windows:
>
> * non activated windows

why would you not activate windows? For whatever "data protection" or because you
have a "pirated one"?
I don't think we should care in *any* way if someone has a _pirated_ one and
thus doesn't activate it.

If they care about windows they need to buy it. Live with it.
If they don't care they just don't care (sic!) and then someone who cares
about Windows needs to fix stuff.

> * express VS (2008 and 2010 for now)
> * without 64 bit extension (non available on express version)

You mean you need to have a full VS which you need to pay many bucks
for? Same as above, If people care about Windows they need to buy it then
(or get MSDN or whatever.). That's how it works on Windows.

If you don't care, just ignore it. :)

Regards,

Rene