Default Styles in Writer

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 02:39:27 PST 2012

Hello Samuel,

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 09:33 +0100, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
> I have submitted a patch changing the list of default Styles in the
> Toolbar in Writer [1].
>
> Now, we [2] also wanted to remove the entry "Default Style" from the
> list, but removing "Standard" in the code didn't do that.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction where this is added?

Removing that style is pretty tricky as it holds quite some things on
its shoulders. Why not start by hiding it by default now that we can
hide styles?

There are several concerns with this removal:
  * Display name of pooled styles is tightly bound with the display of
the style in the "Styles & Formatting" dialog. You can't just remove it
plainly as it would prevent to show the style when editing existing
documents.
  * This particular styles holds the styles configuration (See Tools >
Options... dialog, LibreOffice Writer > Basic Fonts items.
  * Almost all other paragraph styles are inheriting from this one

What is so bad with this style? If you really want to remove pooled
styles, start with the ListXXX paragraph styles.

Regards,

--
Cedric