Using config_xxx.h instead of -DHAVE_XXX

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Dec 7 09:42:37 PST 2012

 Hello,

 currently our build system adds -DHAVE_XXX options to the compile command
line for various settings, which does not quite scale, and does not cause
relevant files to rebuild, so the common practice nowadays is to use config.h
file(s).

 The attached patches implement this change and add one new test (together
with bringing OUStringBuffer::append(bool) in again). Unless somebody sees a
problem with this, I'll push them soon.

 There are more such -D options that could be changed, although with some it'd
be better be careful, e.g. OSL_DEBUG can't go there, because it can be
overriden by command-line, and I'm not sure if adding #include
<config_global.h> to sal/config.h would be really included everywhere where
needed.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz