templates.libreoffice.org CMIS/FTP/DAV support

Andreas Mantke andreas.mantke at documentfoundation.org
Wed Dec 12 10:57:55 PST 2012

Hi Cedric,

Am 12.12.2012 10:22, schrieb Cedric Bosdonnat:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> The UX guys asked me to have the new templates manager out for 4.0 and
> I'm working hard these days to fix the usability issues around this one.
>
> It would be even better to have the templates.libreoffice.org repository
> set up as a default remote templates location accessible from the new
> dialog. For that to work we need to have an access to the template files
> via one of those protocols: CMIS, FTP, WebDAV.
>
> Could you help us on the plone side to get this ready?

yes, I could do. There is currently a WebDAV available for the
extensions- and the template-site:
webdav://extensions.libreoffice.org
webdav://templates.libreoffice.org

Both need a login.

It would be posible to change the buildout thus there are a special port
for the WebDAV. I did that for the conference-site.

I've not tried out ftp with Plone yet. But there is a description that
it would work, if it was added to the buildout script.

I don't know yet anything about CMIS-support for Plone. But maybe you
are the expert in that area ;-)

I'm currently working on a new solution for the templates-repository
with content-types based on the Dexterity framework. It's intended to
run on a more flat hierarchy: template-center, projects, downloadable files.

I managed to create a structure with the different content objects, but
there are some steps missing yet, e.g. the indexing, search and display
feature. I've the goal to get ready with this new environment at Fosdem
2013, but I'm not shure if I could manage without some help (extra
manpower/womenpower ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

--