Anti-aliasing via GPU

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Dec 12 13:28:12 PST 2012

Hi Kohei,

On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 14:46 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> My main concern was that, and the reason why I asked it was that when
> the anti-aliasing is enabled, the scrolling inside some quite complex
> Draw document becomes very very slow, and wondered if there was anything
> we could do about it.

	I'd suggest profiling it ;-) Almost certainly something -very- dumb is
going on.

>  When anti-alising is disabled, the scroll becomes smooth again.

	Similar effects happen as soon as any form of transparency is in-use;
we still have amazing horrors all over the code in VCL eg. the
pattern-fill is still using XOR rendering ;->

> Anyway, thanks a lot.  I'll sit on this.

	If you can get libo started in callgrind - and then reset the counters:
callgrind_control -z - do a few of the slow operation, then
callgrind_control --dump and send me the log - I'd be interested :-)
after all - it looks like we just stopped fixed the horrendous knock-on
bugs from my/Thorsten's last speedup in draw ;-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.