fdo57180 add function NUMBERVALUE() to calc as defined in ODFF1.2

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Thu Dec 13 00:59:38 PST 2012

Hi Eike,

The coding of this function seems to be going nicely, but for the string to double conversion I would like some pointers/interpretations.
1. ODFF1.2 refers to 'xsd:float' and conversion 'according to the definition provided in XML Schema, Part 2, Section 3.2.4'. I don't think I found that particular type and section. Could you give links to these?
2. ODFF1.2 mentions under VALUE() that dates should be recognised, as well as fractional numbers, e.g. '2 3/8'. I'm not sure if NUMBERVALUE() should recognise that too. For dates it is as good as impossible (no separator, language and order is known); but fractional numbers could be recognised. What is your judgement on this?
3. Currently I am putting the code for the string to double conversion in de function ScNumberValue() itself as i can't find accessable stringtodouble functions that do not ask for language settings. Now would be a very good time to tell that I have overlooked the accessible stringtodouble function :).

Thank you for your time.

Winfried