is 'make check' supposed to work on ~master ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 01:35:25 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 06:36 PM, John Smith wrote:
> Im trying to run 'make check' at toplevel on ~master. It fails for me
> at this point (soffice.bin crashes) :
>
> make /usr/local/src/libreoffice/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/JunitTest/comphelper_complex/done

Is that crash reproducible for you?  The backtrace doesn't give much of
a clue to why it fails, so if it is reproducible running under Valgrind
might help.

In general, the online update mechanism spawns threads that it doesn't
properly join again before exit, which is a notorious problem with tests
(that often run quickly enough to terminate soffice.bin while the online
update check is still in progress), so I recommend to configure with
--disable-online-update (which is the implicit default on Linux anyway,
though).  But the backtrace here doesn't look like it is caused by that
problem anyway.

Stephan