LibreOffice build error

Rushi Shukla rushboy52 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:41:01 PST 2012

Hello

I am trying to build my own LibreOffice . The ./autogen.sh worked fine but
after issuing the make command an error showed up which said

fatal : index file smaller than expected

So to solve this , I issued

mv .git/index .git/index/backup
git add .

but after this I get an error saying :

make -r -f /home/rushi/Documents/Gitty/libo/Makefile.top all
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/rushi/Documents/Gitty/libo'
cd /home/rushi/Documents/Gitty/libo && ./g -f clone
error: pathspec 'dictionaries' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Did you forget to 'git add'?
make[1]: *** [get-submodules] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rushi/Documents/Gitty/libo'
make: *** [all] Error 2

How do I get rid of this ? Any kind of help is appreciated :-)