Addin exceptions in SvStream

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 07:41:57 PST 2012

@Michael. I am studying in a software reegineering lab - I do have a
small clue ;) We had a Masters' student who implemented his own C
grammar. 3 months of work for one bullet in one slide. No fun.

I know that C++ is an horrible monster to parse. My question was why
pick a tool over another.
Maybe the JavaCC or Antlr grammars are not very good. Maybe the
Phoenix framework doesn't work for some variants of C++ we care about.
Maybe GCC has an horrible API. Maybe nobody feels like asking for a
license for the Bauhaus framework.
You can tell I've done a lot of guessing in the last paragraph :D
Since I am in such a lab, and someone will sooner or later want an
improved C/C++ analysis tool, I'd like to give the best suggestion.

@Lubos. I started writing a plug-in. I have a problem with compiling,
however. It somehow doesn't find the headers on my system.
This is the autogen.sh I use (I tried with and without --includedir,
and --includedir=/usr/)
./autogen.sh CC=clang CXX=clang++ --includedir=/usr/include/
--enable-compiler-plugins

I get this in the output:
checking clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h usability... no
checking clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h presence... no
checking for clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h... no
configure: error: Cannot find Clang headers to build compiler plugins.

Yet...
$ ls /usr/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h
/usr/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h

I am on Linux Mint 14. Any clue what is going on?
Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com