[Libreoffice] Patches as mbox

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Feb 1 06:53:46 PST 2012

Hi Noel,

On 2012-02-01 at 10:16 +0000, Noel Power wrote:

> Note: I had to copy and paste the patch content from the mail ( would be good in future to
> attach the patch )

Yes, attached output of 'git format-patch HEAD~' is preferred; though
when somebody sends the patch directly using 'git send-email' (as I
think in this case), you can still eg. in Evolution do File -> Save as
mbox..., and use 'git am' on the resulting .mbox

git does the right thing (gets the commit message from the subject +
body, author from From:, skips the other headers, etc.) in that case
too.

Regards,
Kendy