[Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] Gitorious Mirror

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 21:08:56 PST 2012

cgit on freedesktop had another hick-up. This time it seems related to
a DNS snafu:

from #freedesktop:
"[...]currently experiencing problems accessing
anongit.freedesktop.org and cgit.freedesktop.org due to a change in
DNS resolving from 131.252.210.176 to 131.252.210.161. [..]
"In case anybody has urgent need of accessing cgit: it seems to work
fine when statically resolving cgit.freedesktop.org (or
anongit.freedesktop.org) to the old IP(v4) address 131.252.210.176."

and no admin around to do anything about it...

so,

I set-up a read-only mirror on gitorious:

https://gitorious.org/libreoffice

in that 'project' you will find the core, binfilter, help,
dictionaries and translations git repos

There repos are maintained in sync via the @2 tinderbox. That means
that they will not be in sync if that tinderbox is not working. it
also means that there can be a delay of up to 20 minutes when the box
is active (it refresh the gitorious side just before starting a build)

In the future we may be able to work with fdo to have them refresh
gitorious using git hooks on the server side... but in the mean time
this is better than nothing.

If you have ssh access to fdo, there is no point for you using
gitorious. if ssh access is down, so will be the tinderbox @2 and
gitorious will not be refreshed...
actually, to avoid fumble with pull -r and co. if your repos can push,
you should _not_ use gitorious... swittch to ssh even for fetch/pull
(and learn the benefit of ssh-agent :-) )

Norbert