[Libreoffice] LibreOffice 3.5RC2 installation on Windows

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Feb 2 04:29:02 PST 2012

Hi,

When installing LibreOffice 3.5RC2 on Windows 7 with LibreOffice 3.4.4
already installed. The installer checks the system before initiating the
installation and then complains about a LibreOffice or LibreOffice
Quickstart instance running (possibly by another user) and advises to
close any LibreOffice 3.4 instances.

However no LibreOffice instances are running at all. And there are no
other users on this test system anyway. So the check is doing an incorrect
test. Even Sysinternals Process Explorer does not see any LibreOffice or
unidentified processes, so I am pretty sure the installer is making the
wrong conclusion, or providing me with an incorrect error message.

After uninstalling the LibreOffice 3.4.4, the 3.5RC2 installer does not
complain and proceeds with the installation as expected.