TINDERBOX operators: kerberos 5 devel packages

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Feb 2 22:27:56 PST 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 01:41:23AM +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Lionel Elie Mamane píše v Čt 02. 02. 2012 v 16:00 +0100:

>>> OK, then I'm enabling (in master) Kerberos for GNU/Linux by
>>> default. I'm also enabling it in *BSD, (...)

>> Which means tinderbox operators need to add the corresponding
>> -dev/-devel packages to the build environment.

> They were on the SLED11 tinderbox, unfortunately something like -lkrb5
> is missing from the LIBPQ_DEP_LIBS or something, so it does not link :-(

I fear it is more subtle than that, and it is something about
resolving undefined symbols of a static archive (.a) from a dynamic
library (.so) in different GNU ld versions. Notice that it works on my
machine and on the Linux-Fedora15-x86_64_4-gcc-4.6-dbgutil tinderbox.

My machine -> GNU ld 2.22
Fedora15 tinderbox -> gcc 4.6, so presumably a recent GNU ld
Failing tinderboxes: gcc 4.4.5, 4.4.6, 4.3, so presumable older GNU ld

The needed -lkrb5 etc are supposed to be pulled from
$(OUTDIR_FOR_BUILD)/inc/postgresql/libpq-flags.mk,
which exports the *exact* -lfoo arguments that upstream postgresql
would have used to create libpq.so, so it seems improbable to me
-lkrb5 is missing. If a failing tinderbox operator could check that,
and/or see the postgresql-build with verbose=T, so that we can exclude
that for certain?

--
Lionel