tail_build is a discouraging PITA

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sun Feb 5 20:25:55 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 19:14 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> I missed ccache when I reformatted my partition some months ago..

	Heh - glad it's sorted out.

	tail_build is actually a huge meta-module that aggregates a lot of
other modules using gnumake - so we can speed up the build by building
massively parallely and processing / statting dependencies just once.

	Checkout solenv/gbuild/extensions/pre_MergedLibsList.mk for the list of
libraries merged into one here. We hope to merge more in future - and to
do more aggressive LTO - that will slow down linking, but hopefully
speed up each run & shrink the size.

	Hope you got your build going :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.