[Libreoffice-qa] Issues with 3.5.0 - ready for release ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:15:34 PST 2012

Hey,

I added the list back again.

2012/2/7 Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
>
>> But keep in mind that this is nothing that will be fast. I needed
>> around one week to check a bit more than 4000 files. Anyway it would
>> be great if you could help out doing the same for writer. This would
>> mainly involve finding the component files and running the test, I
>> would port all my changes to sw if needed.
>

> What is the constraint here ? 4000 files in one week is not a lot.

In the beginning a lot of files crash because you are missing
component files. After that the problem are all documents creating
problems, either crashing or hanging Libreoffice. You might add a
timeout to prevent hanging but we have nothing in this direction yet.
I have no idea how to prevent crashing.

Then I had the problem that after a crash I had to restart the test so
I tested several files more than once. This is one of the points I
would improve for the next time, the best solution is to move files
when loading finished.

And finally a normal loading is only one part of the process. IMHO the
other equaly important part is to run the test for a random subset of
the files with memcheck. This is incredibly slow especially for a
dbgutil build so I only tested around 500 files with memcheck.

One solution to improve this might be to run the test in parallel. But
as mentionend above the biggest problem is the need for a bit manual
interaction to fix all problems.

Regards,
Markus