PATCH build errors on Ubuntu 10.04

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Wed Feb 8 05:15:47 PST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 03:11:18PM +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
> On 2012-02-08 14:54, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> >Seriously, if someone can't install doxygen when configure errors
> >out because doxygen is not there...
>
> The list of things to do for building LO is pretty steep for a first
> timer.  Individually it may not seem like much, but when you've gone
> back to searching wiki pages and google for the 20th time, it gets
> frustrating.

Nonssense. What is hard on "No doxygen ther". to "apt-get install doxygen"?
Right, nothing.

> It took me 3 weeks of part-time hacking and googling and asking
> questions on the mailing list to get LO to build.

If there's actual build errors you're right, but not for such trivialities
which can be solved by actually reading the error message and installing
the missing package.

> Perhaps the configure process could just automatically add the
> correct "--without" flags if the relevant packages are not present?

No. Because that can lead to accidentially disabling stuff you want
(and you implicitely said "I want the full SDK", otherwise you'd have
configure'd appropriately)

Regards,

Rene