PATCH build errors on Ubuntu 10.04

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:58:36 PST 2012

Hi Noel, *,

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Noel Grandin <noel at peralex.com> wrote:
> On 2012-02-08 15:15, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>>
>> Nonssense. What is hard on "No doxygen ther". to "apt-get install
>> doxygen"? Right, nothing.
>
> This is what I get - it needs to do 400M of downloads - please tell me which
> pieces it needs and does not need.

To begin with: You don't need doxygen when you're developing "only"
(i.e. you only need it if you want to publish the built SDK). In fact
you don't need to build the SDK/ODK at all (--disable-odk)

It only creates the api-documentation html from the sources. If you're
fine with reading the docs online or don't care about installing the
SDK from our download page to get the API-docs, then you don't need to
build it yourself.

> Now multiply this by a dozen other settings, and you begin to see the
> problem.

I don't know the debian dependencies, but as most of the download in
your case is TeX, just leave that out. It only creates html, no
tex-documents and stuff that would require tex.

I.e. don't include doxygen-latex and the install will be much slimmer
- but as mentioned: No idea what package you have to install instead
of the meta-package. (just use --without-doxygen or --disable-odk)

ciao
Christian