[PUSHED] Code removal, first contribution

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Feb 13 07:37:00 PST 2012

Hi Catalin,

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 23:10 +0100, Catalin Iacob wrote:
> Contribution under LGPLv3+ / MPL.

	Thanks ! :-) and welcome to the project. It'd be lovely to have a
blanket license statement for all your contributions that we can link
into:

	http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

> I grepped for the removed stuff using pss[1], a Python clone of the
> more famous ack[2] and I told the tool to only grep in C and C++
> files, otherwise it takes a lot longer. These extensions are then
> searched: .c .cpp .cc .cxx .m .hpp .hh .h .hxx. How sure can I be that
> this covers all their possible uses in LibreOffice code base?  Could
> it be that some Java code is calling those methods via JNI for
> example?

	That seems rather unlikely; particularly if the method is a C++ one -
since it's name mangling will be pseudo-random across platform, in
general only extern "C" methods would be called from Java (I suspect).
The vast majority of our API is exposed to Java via. UNO - which uses
C++ virtual method magic to achieve it's ends.

	So it sounds like you did an excellent job; what's next ? an easy hack
perhaps ? or more unused code ? :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.