Tinderbox failure, last success: 2012-02-13 15:48:45

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 12:45:51 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 19:39 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 06:18 PM, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
> >> Noob's question:
> > A function that is only used by an inline function will be treated as
> > unused by callcatcher? Or is it a result of compiler's optimizations?

Yeah, gcc, even in -O0, doesn't generate code for inlines that aren't
used, and callcatcher is a simple scraper of the assembler output of
gcc. So gcc never told callcatcher that the inline existed seeing as
nothing made gcc emit code for it. The other similar one that can happen
is code like...

if (1) //or something equivalent
   do_a()
else
   do_b();

and you get "do_b" in the unused list. I kind of like getting those
ones.

C.