.: 2 commits - configure.in sw/source

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Feb 15 10:28:09 PST 2012

> I completely
> fail to see what actual problem could be caused by this.

And how is that relevant? By the same logic, you could write code that
just "knows" that ints are always 32 bits and whatnot.

MSVC mangles struct and class differently (just one char difference,
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Visual_C%2B%2B_Name_Mangling#Data_Type
) . But in the cases where these warnings are currently displayed that
apparently doesn't happen, because if it would, it would have lead to
linking errors obviously, and they would have been fixed earlier.

Please, don't bother replying with potential references to the chapter
and verse of some standard that might say that struct vs. classs
should not cause differences in mangling of the type name. We use
(more or less perfect) implementations of standards, not standards
themselves.

> could this warning be turned off? (it is MSVC, right?)

Probably, but then, we could turn off all warnings one by one instead
of fixing them... maybe we should start doing that. Whatever, I hate
this crap.

--tml