[PUSHED] Turn on strictures for some installer Perl modules

Tim Retout tim at retout.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 03:08:31 PST 2012

On 15 February 2012 11:58, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>        Also the 'make_installer.pl' takes about 20 options, AFAIR there are
> however only a few legitimate parameters / configurations that are
> possible in the LibreOffice world.
>
>        So - digging out the call sites (luckily the ooinstall wrapper seems to
> have swallowed most of them outside of instsetoo_native) and simplifying
> those paths would prolly expose much more redundancy to perl.

Ah, thanks for pointing me to that.  There's some nice cleanup
possible in installer::parameter.

>        Norbert reports you want:
>
>        make cmd cmd="solenv/bin/ooinstall ..."

Running this under Devel::NYTProf, I found that a good deal of the
slowness of make_installer.pl was due to Archive::Zip, which could be
replaced by a call to 'unzip'.  So some more nice cleanup should be
possible in installer::archivefiles. :)

Kind regards,

--
Tim Retout <tim at retout.co.uk>