Adding Extension for Experimental Thai Spelling

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 06:10:21 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 23:24 +0000, Richard Wordingham wrote:
> I wouldn't expect a dictionary-based line breaker to handle words from
> other languages.  (There's a whole slew of Mon-Khmer languages in
> Thailand, and they mostly use the Thai script when they happen to get
> written.)

Indeed, yeah, I suppose, assuming its as complicated as "Thai", that the
right direction would be for someone to write for icu new
dictionary-based breakiterators for the "nod"(?) language and then the
rather trivial changes to LibreOffice to know about the language in
order to mark text as that language to bubble that info down to icu

C.