Writing patches for git-ignored files

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 18 10:02:24 PST 2012

Hi Wei Ming,  *,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Khoo Wei Ming <weimzz at gmail.com> wrote:

>> (with new build system you use something like
>> make cmd="dmake patch"
>> previously you had to source the Environment file, but that was
>> integrated to a config.mk)
>
> Issuing make cmd="dmake patch" seemed to behave similar to make.
>
> ~/libo-git$ make cmd="dmake patch"

Run it from the directory that contains the files responsible to build
the external module. i.e. in your case from the "moz" directory.

> #
> # custum command
> #
> ifneq ( $(MAKECMDGOALS),cmd)
> cmd:
>        echo "custum cmd" && ( $(cmd) )
>
> endif

Sorry for that - indeed you have to use "make cmd cmd='real command''"
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Build_in_3.6#What.27s_New

> ~/libo-git$ make cmd cmd="dmake patch"
>
> Am I on the right track? How do I target only one module?

yes, you're on the right track - you just did run it from the toplevel
directory instead of the module-directory.
so "make cmd cmd="cd moz ; dmake patch" should definitely work (I'm no
longer sure whether it also words when using cd moz; make cmd
cmd="dmake patch" - but one of the two definitely should .-)

ciao
Christian