gnome-vfs not found while ./autogen.sh

LOH KOK HOE huahsin68 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 23:35:55 PST 2012

I am using Fedora 16, when I issue this command:

./autogen.sh --with-num-cpus=2

I hit this error:

configure: error: Package requirements (gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.6.0 ) were not
> met:
>
> No package 'gnome-vfs-2.0' found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GNOMEVFS_CFLAGS
> and GNOMEVFS_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.

I have downloaded the gnome-vfs from this source >
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/gnome/gnome-vfs.html, but I
found out that it was a deprecated package. Before I proceed to install
this package, I would like to check is there any alternative solution on
this issue? If this is the only solution, as according to the installation
guideline of gnome-vfs (I have extract the text below), the sysconfdir is
pointing to /etc/gnome/2.30.2. I don't find this path in my system. May I
know how could I find a valid sysconfdir value?

./configure --prefix=$(pkg-config --variable=prefix ORBit-2.0) \

THanks @!